Re: Upcoming Event: Sew Day - Wed, 12/04/2019 9:00am-2:00pm #cal-reminder

Lori Heisner

Can't be there but will sew some cases. I've some stash. Haha!

On Sunday, December 1, 2019 Janet Kraus <Night-Owls@NightOwlsAQG.groups.io> wrote:

I hope you can make it to Sew Day this Wednesday and help with an urgent charity project.

St. Paul's Church, where we hold our monthly meetings, is sponsoring 50 (!!!) families this year for Christmas.  That's several hundred people in those households.  We plan to give them about 100 quilts.  We also like to give them pillowcases, especially for family members who aren't getting quilts.  But so far, we have less than 50 pillowcases.  So we need to get busy.

Come to Sew Day and help make pillowcases.  Make one and then go back to your other project.  Make a bunch if you can.  All help is appreciated.  Instructions will be provided if you've never done this before.  Kits will be provided.

If you can't come to Sew Day, please consider making some at home.  It's a great stash buster and will brighten someone's Christmas.  All types of fabric can be used.  It doesn't have to be juvenile.  Your pillowcase might go to the grandmother!

Absolute deadline to have all of them completed and turned in is our next meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 10.

Thanks in advance for helping us push toward this goal.
Janet

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 9:00 AM Night-Owls@NightOwlsAQG.groups.io Calendar <Night-Owls@nightowlsaqg.groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: Sew Day

When: Wednesday, 4 December 2019, 9:00am to 2:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Phoenix

Where:Bellair Club House: 17204 N 49th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85308

View Event

Organizer: Gail Duffy (602) 677-8985

Hi Ladies,  This is to remind you of our upcoming Night Owls Wednesday Sew Day

1st & 3rd Wednesday, 9:30am-2pm, September through May
5th Wednesdays are Charity Sew Day

Bellair Club House: 17204 N 49th Ave, Glendale, AZ 85308

Bring your sewing machine and your sewing project.
For more information call Gail Duffy, (602) 677-8985

Join Night-Owls@NightOwlsAQG.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.